As a leading cybersecurity company that develops innovative solutions to defend software and systems from malicious threat actors, we view the protection of personal privacy and data to be a vital part of our business. In keeping with best practices and the foundational provisions of the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as well as various US privacy and cybersecurity laws, we collect and maintain the minimum amount of information required to provide the services outlined in this policy.
Waratek does not collect or maintain personally identifiable information (PII) or sensitive personally identifiable information (SPII) including, but not limited to, gender, age, date of birth, citizenship, national ID/Social Security Administration number, passport, personal financial information, or other personal information not required to provide the products and services you have requested.
You may use our public website without providing us with any personal information. However, we will collect and maintain, with your express permission and knowing consent, some of all of the information listed below. This information is collected to ensure you receive the marketing materials, technical updates, and/or product information that you have requested. You may revoke your permission at any time.
The information we may collect with your permission includes:
- Your name
- Business address
- Business Email address
- Business Phone number(s),
- Information requested
- Response data
How We Use Your Information
User Information is collected and used to support your relationship with Waratek by:
- Providing a website that is suitable to your needs
- Distributing via email technical and policy analysis of cybersecurity events and trends
- Distributing via email alerts regarding cybersecurity threats and solutions
- Sharing via email products and service offerings
Information you provide may be retained by Waratek to:
- Verify compliance with any agreement between Waratek and you
- Keep track of the domains from which people visit us
- Create a user profile to better serve you
- Contact you by email, telephone, post or other means for which you provide contact information
The entering of incorrect or incomplete information may mean that we are unable to support you in your use of Waratek products and/or services until the required information is provided and verified.
We Comply with Applicable Privacy & Cybersecurity Laws
Waratek is subject to the European Union’s and the Republic of Ireland’s privacy laws, including the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner at any time.
State laws in the United States require notices be sent to government officials and/or individuals impacted by a data breach of personal identifiable information (PII). The definition of PII varies by state, but at this time Waratek does not collect or maintain PII.
Likewise, Waratek is not currently subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA), California Consumer Privacy Act of 2020 (CPRA), or the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). Business-to-Business data of the type Waratek collects and maintains is not currently subject to the CCPA, CPRA, or COPPA.
You have the right to request that we:
- Inform you whether we process your data, provide you with details relating to our processing, and with a copy of your data
- Correct any inaccurate data we might have about you without undue delay
- Complete any incomplete information about you
- Delete your personal data without undue delay
- Do not process your data
- Furnish you with the personal data which you provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format such as an Excel spreadsheet
The exercise of your rights might be subject to certain conditions prescribed by law and we might require further information from you before we can respond to your request.
You may exercise your rights by contacting us by e-mail or at the following address:
ATTN: Corporate Secretary
Level 3, 8 Harcourt Street
Dublin 2, Ireland
Disclosure of Your Information to Other Parties
Waratek does not sell User Information. However, we reserve the right to share User Information with our business partners if:
- We have your consent
- We need to share it to provide you with the products and/or services you requested
- We need to respond to a court order
- You violate our Terms of Service
- We suspect that you are engaged in fraudulent or illegal activities
You may separately agree to provide your personal information to third parties that provide content for Waratek solutions, in order to access or use their products or services. If you agree to provide such information to these third parties, then your personal information will be subject to their privacy policies.
We may share aggregated, non-personal information with third parties.
We use “cookies” for limited purposes
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows our website or a third-party to recognize you to make your next visit easier and more useful to you.
- To enable certain functions of the website and analyze website performance
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use:
- Third-parties cookies to report usage statistics and website performance
- Third-party cookies that allow you to link to our social media accounts on Linkedin & Twitter.
Your choices regarding cookies
Please note that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, some of our pages might not display properly.
We use Mail Chimp for email distribution
We use MailChimp to distribute group emails regarding:
- Technical and policy analysis of cybersecurity events and trends
- Alerts regarding cybersecurity threats and solutions
- Products and service offerings
You may opt out or update your information directly and learn more about Mail Chimp’s policies here.
We use Zoho
We use Zoho as our Customer Relationship Management solution. This database includes the User Information listed above and is used to:
- Maintain accurate contact information for Customers and Prospects
- Process new orders
- Process renewal orders
- Track the progress of potential sales
You may learn more about Zoho’s policies here.
The Website may provide links to other third-party web sites. Even if the third party is affiliated with Waratek through a business partnership or otherwise, Waratek is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices or the content of such external links. These links are provided to you for convenience purposes only and you access them at your own risk.
Updated 17 November 2020